- Apples are the best! The natural pectin is wonderful for digestion. Eat with natural, no-sugar added almond or peanut butter.
- One serving of fruit equals either 1 hand fruit like an apple or banana or about 1 cup sliced fruit, strive for 2-3 servings of fruit a day. Eat more veggies than fruits.
- Sugary fruits to minimize if reducing sugar: dried fruit and sweet, tropical fruits like mangoes and bananas, which can be eaten mainly for workout recovery
- Nuts, preferably raw if you like them raw, roasted is fine too, about 1/4 cup is a good amount.
- Carrots or any veggies are great with plant-based dips like hummus, tahini, guacamole, and salsa.
- A small protein shake is easy to drink when you’re busy.
- The healthy baked goods recipes provided make nutritious snacks.
- A Larabar, Evo bar, or Kind bar are good pre-made choices.
Want to learn more about the nutritional value in these recipes?